We relate good metabolism to good health that keeps our bodies in good shape and mind functioning well. Good metabolism means that body organs are doing what they are designed to do – stomach, liver, kidneys, intestines and other organs working as they should. All the hormones and enzymes are being produced in right amounts. In that case it is quite obvious that our health will be good, our body will be in great shape and our mind will function properly.
However, now days, we have lots of refined foods, taste enhancers, stimulants and additives in the foods we eat. These can impact functioning of our body organs and impact their normal functioning. As a result food digestion, nutrients absorption and waste elimination functions are disrupted. Our internal body mechanisms sometimes even try to compensate for these deviations and can correct it within certain limits. However, when the impact of these food additives persists long, the overall metabolism will suffer thus having negative impact on health, body and mind.
What can we do to keep the metabolic engagement?
I have following suggestions that I have discussed in my earlier blogs ;
- Stay alert – Mindful Eating : If we are aware of positive and negative impacts of various foods on our health, we can thus make right decisions and keep metabolic engagement at high levels.
- Eat in moderation: Therapeutic Hunger : Hunger is a signal that our body generates to indicate it needs energy. This energy can come from food, breathing or other cosmic sources. Hunger also sends signal to body organs to function to their best and thus keep firing the metabolic engagement. If we overeat, we kill hunger and this signals some organs to take it easy and might disrupt metabolic engagement.
- Choose food carefully: Refine foods, drinks with stimulants and additives can negatively impact digestion, nutrients absorption and waste elimination. Listen to your body, gradually improve intuition power. Here is a good article by Alycee Vayle on “How to Develop Your Intuition (and Why You Should!)” this might help.
- Avoid or only moderately drink carbonated/fizzy drinks, sweet drinks, tea, coffee, alcohol, toxicants and energy drinks. These over stimulate or mask our senses and thus interrupt metabolic engagement amongst many other effects.
- Exercise regularly in moderation to stay active.
- Breathe well and keep good posture.
- Help others and do random acts of kindness that increase your happiness.
- Relax and figure out your own solutions that no expert can tell you as you know yourself the best.
- Help: When you need help from others, don’t hesitate to ask and also offer help to others when they need it.
- Stay calm, relaxed and peaceful
Few thoughts to consider and keep the metabolism functioning well.
Best Wishes !